Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Monika "Jac" Jagaciak, Frida Gustavsson, and Caroline Brasch Nielsen
Dapper Etro Autumn – Etro’s fall 2012 campaign has a dame-ish and dapper attitude with colorful images featuring Iselin Steiro, Magda Laguinge, Laura Love and male models Miles McMillan and Ton Heukels. Captured by Mario Testino, the group wears Etro’s colorful prints and patterns with a focus on rich textures and decadent layering.
- Surface July August 2012 by Elsbeth Struijk van Bergen
- Harper's Bazaar Australia August 2012 Kate Moss by Terry Richardson
- Vogue Turkey July 2012 Carola Remer
- Velvet June 2012 Egle Tvirbutaite by Karen Collins
- Elle Mexico July 2012 by Alvaro Beamud
- Grazia Italia No.26 25th June 2012 Anastasia Gorodilova by Victor de Mello
- Sure Korea July 2012
- Vogue Girl Korea July 2012
- Elle Korea July 2012 Doutzen Kroes
- 1968 Magazine Summer 2012 Danielle Seitz by Arline Malakian
- Singles Korea July 2012
- SNC #48 June 2012 Evelina Mambetova by Nikolay Biryukov
- Sunday Times Style June 17th 2012
- Madame July 2012 Ania Kisiel
- Dazed & Confused Korea July 2012 Elza Luijendijk by Ben Toms
Friday, June 22, 2012
Thursday, June 21, 2012
Karlie Kloss and Joan Smalls join forces for the July cover shoot of W Magazine, photographed by Steven Meisel. The top model duo wears fall looks from the likes of Louis Vuitton, Prada, Viktor & Rolf and Tom Ford selected by style director Edward Enninful. Meisel captures the girls in 90s style with windswept tresses by Oribe and flawless makeup by Pat McGrath. / Hair color by Anthony Palermo
The theme is Leopard print, nothing out of extraordinary or new here. I’m actually a bit surprised Dior chose this theme because Leopard prints seems a little bit outdated to me. I mustn’t be the judge of this collection so I invite you to speak your mind about it once you will see the new products.
Philipp Plein enlists photographer Terry Richardson to shoot their fall/winter 2012 campaign, featuring Gossip Girl star Ed Westwick. Shot in New York City, Westwick dons suiting and sportswear, perfect for the international playboy. From leather and velvet to wool, Westwick is afforded a rich wardrobe for a moment with the voyeuristic Richardson.
Hedi Slimane’s makeover of Yves Saint Laurent is gathering steam — and will extend to its moniker.
WWD has learned that the designer plans to change the name of the fashion house from Yves Saint Laurent to Saint Laurent Paris.
It is understood the YSL logo — a French cultural icon and a feature on an array of products, from shoes to lipsticks — will not disappear.
Side Note: The moniker lettering design is not a specific font, but a custom lettering done by Ukrainian-French painter, commercial poster artist, and typeface designer Adolphe Mouron Cassandre, in 1963—five years before he committed suicide:
With the onset of World War II, Cassandre served in the French army until the fall of France. His business long gone, he survived by creating stage sets and costumes for the theatre, something he had dabbled in during the 1930s. After the war, he continued this line of work while also returning to easel painting. In 1963, he designed the well-known Yves Saint-Laurent logo.
In his later years, Cassandre suffered from bouts of depression prior to his suicide in Paris in 1968.
Knowing this, I would presume that it's more than likely the new design/logo would go beyond just removing the Yves from Cassandre's design. I think we'll be looking at a whole new branding.
écrit par Sam @ 1:10 PM
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Her personal life often overshadows her professional one but clearly, Naomi Campbell still knows how to strike a pose.
The 42-year-old has modeled a range of luxurious high-end ensembles during a photoshoot for the July issue of W magazine.
The shoot is part of a promotional run that the model is currently in the midst of as she prepares for the launch of a new TV reality series titled The Face.
Glamour: Naomi Campbell has modeled high-end clothing and accessories for W magazine. The above image features a Louis Vuitton acrylic and wool jacquard coat and a wool and calfskin bag, also by the French label
The supermodel, who lives in Moscow with her Russian billionaire boyfriend Vladislav Doronin, will mentor aspiring models on the show, which is being made by Oxygen network.
As styled by Giovanna Battaglia, she has been photographed for W in designs by Louis Vuitton, Miu Miu, Prada, Marc Jacobs, Dolce & Gabbana, Etro and Mary Katrantzou.
Tuesday, June 19, 2012
- GQ US July 2012 Kate Upton
- Marie Claire Russia July 2012 Nastya Belkina by Alexey Kolpakov
- Vogue España July 2012 Karolina Kurkova by Miguel Reveriego
- Vogue Netherlands July August 2012 Rianne ten Haken by Petrovsky & Ramone
- Jackie August 2012 Tamara Weijenberg
- Nicole Demeshik for the Institute
- Dress to Kill Jenna Earle by Malina Corpadean
- W July 2012 Karlie Kloss by Steven Meisel
- Vogue Brazil Brides’ 2012 Katie Fogarty by Renam Christofoletti
- D La Repubblica No. 796 Johanna Jonsson by Matteo Montanari
- W Korea July 2012 Kate Moss by Mert & Marcus
- Vogue Korea July 2012 Gisele Bundchen by Inez & Vinoodh
- Greek Marie Claire July 2012 Signe Kayser by Geroge Katsanakis
- Elle Russia August 2012 Bregje Heinen by Lee Broomfield
- KMAG No. 42 Aneta Kręglicka by Kozanowski
- Elle France, June 15, 2012 Sophie Marceau
- Vogue US July 2012 Emma Stone by Mario Testino