Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Iris van Herpen: Futura Couture



Photographed by Jouk Oosterhof goes inside the old naval warehouse studio of young Dutch fashion prodigy haute couture designer Iris van Herpen as her first major solo exhibition opens at the Groninger Museum in the Netherlands, for Nowness.com

Lauded for her intricate sculptural creations made using advanced 3D printing techniques, Van Herpen has seen her dresses worn by the likes of Lady Gaga, Solange Knowles and Lindsay Lohan.

So does fashion feel like sculpture to you?I make sculpture dresses, but I do see my dresses as different to sculpture. I really need the movement of a person inside my clothes to make the whole thing alive and give it purpose. It gives an identity to the person, while the person gives identity to the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment