Thursday, April 7, 2011

'I'll model until I'm not wanted' says Naomi Campbell

Naomi CampbellNaomi Campbell - still one of the world's most in-demand supermodels at 40 - revealed she has no plans to quit the catwalk and will continue to work as long as she is wanted.


Streatham-born Campbell was one of the stars of Paris Fashion Week, helping to show the Marc Jacobs collection forLouis Vuitton last month.
At Westfield shopping centre last night in Shepherd's Bush, where she opened her new pop-up store to sell outfits for her Fashion For Relief charity, she said: "I still enjoy working and if friends ask me to do a show, I'd always do it for a friend, and Marc Jacobs is a friend." Her shop is open until next week and the stock includes a Vivienne WestwoodGold Label dress that Campbell modelled, a Christopher Kane gownworn by actress Amanda Holden and aTom Ford suit worn by comedian David Walliams. Her charity profits will go to The Prince's Trust.
Campbell said of the shop: "It's for charity - but this also keeps me in the industry I've been in for 26 years. Getting to know all the people I have over the years means I get to go and ask them to help and to get involved, and everyone wants to be." She hopes to take her store to Japan in the coming weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment